Film Club at the Roxy is a non-profit-making venture. It was formed in 1989 by a small group of Ulverston film enthusiasts, inspired by the late Gwyneth Walker. We retain the club’s original aim to show recent quality films from around the world – films you do not often find in mainstream cinemas – to a South Lakeland audience .
Film Club at the Roxy is currently not running due to covid-19 We are not taking memberships for the 2020-21 season. We intend to return, probably for the 2021-22 season.
However the Roxy cinema is open, & would appreciate your support at this difficult time.
The following measures are in place:
- seating capacity reduced to 80 to observe social distancing
- one-way system to and from the auditorium
- perspex screens at the pay desk and sweet counter
- staff wear gloves and masks
- hand-sanitising at entrance and two points in the foyer
- door handles and surfaces disinfected during show
- seats sprayed at the end of the night
On-line booking is also now available and there is now hot water in the Ladies Toilet
CURRENT PROGRAMME AT THE ROXY
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP £6 (Concessions £5) These subscriptions are the Club’s only income
Tickets: Members £5 – Non-Members £6 (no concessions for non-members)
Films are shown on the second Thursday of the month, September to June
Doors open at 7.30 pm. Film starts at 8.00 pm. Refreshments are available.
We now have an ARCHIVE of all the films shown by the Club since its inauguration in 1989. Click on the season (eg 1999-2000) to bring up a list of films, directors and countries of origin.